Tuesday, January 5, 2016

2015: My favorite projects

Yesterday, I posted about my most popular IG and blog posts from 2015, but today, I'm focusing on my favorite projects for the year. 2015 was the year I waded into more clothing sewing (and I'm really hoping to expand on this in 2016); tried (and found out I love) hand sewing, including applique and hexies; joined my first quilting bee (do.Good Stitches); started working at my local modern fabric store; and had my first quilt accepted into a quilt show (Fading Star)! I finished 14 quilts and a ton of pouches, bags, and other accessories. Here are some of my favorite projects and memories:

Fading Star quilt (heading to QuiltCon 2016!)
Austin House mini quilt
Hexies!!
Learning needle-turn applique straight from the queen of applique, Carolyn Friedlander
Getting to take not one, but two workshops with my quilting hero, Elizabeth Hartman, and started working on my Patchwork City sampler quilt
Attending QuiltCon 2015
Rhoda Ruth mini quilt
Birch Triangle baby quilt
Hexie pouch for QuiltCon
It's always fun to look back, but I'm also really excited about everything 2016 has in store. I've got a lot of projects in the works and can't wait to start busting them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)