Monday, March 2, 2015

QuiltCon recap, Part 3: The quilts

To wrap up my QuiltCon recap (you can read the first two posts here and here), it's time to get to the quilts. The quilt show was huge and amazing, and I could have spent (and, well, did spend) hours just wandering through it. Before we get to the main show, first a few quilty booth shots from two of my favorite booths. These are from the Robert Kaufman/Kona solids booth. The first quilt is by Elizabeth Hartman.
And Cotton and Steel, who had the absolute cutest booth. I should have taken more pics, but I couldn't resist their little fireplace Christmas scene and the tattoo booth. Love!
Okay, on to the show. There were so many amazing quilts in the show, and though I spent hours perusing them and went back on multiple occasions, I'm pretty sure I didn't see them all. They were laid out in a sort of strange pod pattern, so it was easy to overlook ones in spots you thought you'd already covered, and reading others' recap posts, I keep coming across pics and being like "Wait! I don't remember that one!" So, drats. But even if I didn't see every last one, I saw some great stuff. Here are some of my favorites (also, I'm terrible and didn't write down the creators of all of these lovelies. I've noted the creator below if I remembered/already knew, but feel free to comment with attributions, and I'll update the post):
(left) Nydia Kennley
 
(all three above) Rebecca Bryan (Are you sensing I like rainbow?)
 These were both guild quilts for the QuiltCon charity quilt project.
Pretty awesome, right? And this barely scratches the surface. If you want to see more, there are lots of other blogger recap posts out there, and the MQG has also done several recap posts on their blog (here, here, here, and here). For a different take, I also enjoyed Lee's post over on Freshly Pieced, in which she talked more about the designs in the show and how "modern" was interpreted in the selection. I'm almost overwhelmed with inspiration and can't wait to start putting it into action. Time to start sewing!

1 comment:

  1. I so enjoyed your recap posts! Excited to see where all of that inspiration leads! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)