Monday, March 30, 2015

A very Seussical Easter basket

Even though my sewing to-do list is a mile long, sometimes you just need a break for a quick project. In between working on my Into the Woods quilt this weekend, I decided to make B a quick little Easter basket to use next weekend.
I made him one last year, which we still use for storage in the playroom, but it didn't work particularly well as a carrying basket because of the placement of the handles. I've been wanting to make the Reversible Box Tote pattern from Very Shannon for a long time, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity.
The pattern is very well written and went together super fast. I sized it down a bit because the original size would have been pretty huge for my little guy to carry around. I printed the original pattern and then cut an inch off the side of the pattern piece and a half inch off the bottom of the pattern piece before using it to cut my fabrics. I didn't change the handle. The final bag is roughly 7.5" tall (not including the handle) and 11" wide. I interfaced it using fusible fleece because it was the sturdiest thing I had on hand. It seemed to work fine, though I'm sure it'll lose a little body with use.
The outside fabric is ABC by Dr. Seuss (because B is WAY into Dr. Seuss), and I think the inside is the small zig-zag stripe from Ann Kelle's Remix.
  
We're all ready for next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)