Thursday, January 7, 2016

Christmas sewing

After all of the hectic sewing I did trying to finish quilts for QuiltCon, I tried to go easy on myself with Christmas sewing. Aside from the gift card cozies (tutorial available here), I only made a handful of gifts. I started with a few more flannel infinity scarves for my sisters (after making one for myself). These go together so quickly and are so soft, comfortable, and warm. I used Robert Kaufman's Mammoth Flannel (love it!) and this great tutorial from H is for Handmade.
 
Next up, I made a few quilted fabric baskets for my co-workers at the fabric store where I work part time. I used the 123 Basket tutorial by Ellison Lane, which was really well written and super easy (aside from all that diamond quilting).
The design was based on my Hexie Pouch from last spring, which the ladies had commented on before. The felt I used for the hexies is from Benzie Design.
I used various Essex Yarn-Dyeds for the exteriors and coordinating prints for the interiors and handles. My mom's already requested a basket of her own, so I think I'll have more of these in my future.
Finally, I made another pair of City Gym Shorts for my little sister's birthday, which falls shortly after Christmas. I loved my own pair so much, and I thought she'd like a pair, too.
 
I absolutely love this pattern and definitely plan on making more for myself this spring. I used Robert Kaufman's American Minis chambray for the back and binding and Woodland Spring Floral for the front.

2 comments:

  1. Jessica, you are simply amazing! I don't know how in the world you get all that done! And such beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great .I am sure The Fabric Exchange has so many choices of fabric for this kind of project.

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)