Tuesday, January 26, 2016

January do.Good Stitches blocks

Finally! A blog post! It's been über busy around here, and while I'm always working on the next project, it's often hard to find time to write about them all. A few weeks back, I managed to bust out a few small projects, including my January blocks for the EMERGE circle of the do.Good Stitches charity bee. 
Allison asked us to make log cabin hexagons in high-contrast colors. She wanted one in very light low-volume fabrics and one in a very dark color (she suggested black, dark grey, navy, crimson, deep purple, or deep green). I started with a 2.5" hexie (I think) and went from there. I love how the seams look on the back.
The hexies finished at about 9" tall. Allison recommended tutorials by The Sewing Chick and Mel in the Attic, and both were super easy to follow. These were fun to wrap up in an evening, and I'm excited to see this quilt come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)