Tuesday, August 25, 2015

September do.Good Stitches blocks

September is my first month as a quilter for the Emerge Circle of do.Good Stitches, and I'm so excited to take the lead, but man, was it hard to narrow down my choices. I have so many ideas and color schemes I want to use, but I finally just had to pull the trigger and decided to use this lovely quilt by Quirky Granola Girl as my inspiration.
http://quirkygranolagirl.blogspot.com/2014/04/baby-quilt-for-new-little-mqg-member.html
Photo courtesy of Quirky Granola Girl

I've asked my circle mates to create monochromatic scrappy log cabin blocks that measure 6-8" finished. The log cabins should use prints and solids in the teal and green colors from the color schemes below. The log cabins are then surrounded in larger pieces of scrappy low volume, gray, cream, and white solids and prints to create a final block that measures 12-16" (finished) on each side (it can be square or rectangular).

We'll be using this color scheme:
https://instagram.com/p/6SPZWNRlpR/
Photo courtesy of BenzieDesign on IG
And here are my finished sample blocks.
The blocks will be improv pieced but should not be wonky. If you need help with the log cabins, Ellison Lane has a good tutorial. I can't wait to see what the other ladies do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)