Wednesday, August 12, 2015

WIP Wednesday: Balls in the air

Man, what a week. It seems like I have a million balls up in the air, sewing wise, and I'm just jumping from one thing to the next. Sometimes the variety is good, but this time, I'll be glad to get back to a single quilt project (hopefully) soon. First, a few finishes. The big one was my version of Carolyn Friedlander's awesome Austin House quilt. I love this quilt so much, and thankfully so does the hubby, for whom it was made. You can read all about it here.
My little sister is getting married in September, so I had a few wedding-related projects to wrap up, too. I managed to finish the ring bearer pillow and a bow tie for the cutest little ring bearer around. (FYI, burlap is a pain in the butt to sew.)
After I finish a few more small projects, I've got my sights set on this fun bundle from Pink Door Fabrics, which just might be making its way into a quilt for someone special. Shhh, don't tell.
Before I can get to that, I'm planning to make the Double-Zip Clutch from the wonderful book Sew Organized for the Busy Girl by Heidi Staples of Fabric Mutt. (No really, I love this book so much. Great projects, great tips, great fabrics.) B's going to a birthday party for a friend from school this weekend, and I thought these super cute Ann Kelle fabrics would be just right for a little girl's art tote. Hoping to finish this one tonight.
Then, I've got big plans for two more pieces of clothing for me -- this time, shirts! Eeek! I finally printed and pieced my Washi Dress pattern, and I'm planning to make the tunic version in this fabulous Morse Dot in Blue (really teal) print from the Imprint collection.
And I managed to pick up this Cotton + Steel Hatbox Floral lawn from Knotted Threads for a steal when she was destashing it on her IG account. I've loved this fabric since it came out but had trouble justifying the price, so this time, I snatched it up as soon as it appeared in my feed. I think this one is destined to be a Sailor Top.
And, because I obviously don't have enough on my plate, I've been doing a lot of canning the past few weeks. Behold the fruits (literally) of my labor: 7 jars of strawberry, 6 of plum, and 3 of peach vanilla. I think we're good for the year. :)
Now, I gotta get back to sewing...

The neverending to do list:
Austin House quilt
Ring bearer pillow and tie
Double-Zip Clutch
Wedding quilt
Jewelry travel pouch
QuiltCon triangle challenge quilt
QuiltCon bonus quilt
Patchwork City sampler quilt
Vintage Quilt Revival sampler project
Allie Owl quilt
Menagerie quilt
Hazel Hedgehog quilt
The Kittens quilt
Aviatrix Medallion quilt
Swoon quilt
Spiced Chai quilt (from Vintage Quilt Revival)
Sunset Tiles quilt (from Scraps Inc.)
T-shirt quilt
Sewing circle tote
Re-cover downstairs chair
Ironing board cover
Clothing for me! (Washi Dress, Sailor Top Shirt, Sorbetto Top)

I'm linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)