Wednesday, December 2, 2015

WIP Wednesday: Handwork

Hi! Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'm still trying to get back into my routine (and get some long overdue blog posts up), but I did manage to finish both my Convergence quilt and my Fading Star quilt, and it's so nice to have them done! More on those once I finish editing the photos. Since getting back from our travels, I've shifted my focus to finishing the low-volume log cabin quilt I led for the September block of the Emerge Circle of do.Good Stitches. The top and back are all done, and it's basted and ready for quilting!
I brought along a few handwork projects while we were traveling and had a ton of fun getting to work on them. I made some progress on my Catenary mini quilt and managed to finish another arch row -- just one more to go!
I also took my first shot at making hexies, and it's just as addicting as everyone said it would be. I'm excited to work on this while hanging out with the hubby, and it turned out to be a perfect flight project.
 
The neverending to do list:
Convergence quilt
Fading Star quilt
September Emerge Circle quilt
November Emerge Circle blocks
December Emerge Circle blocks 
Catenary mini quilt
Hexie mini quilt
Jewelry travel pouch
Patchwork City sampler quilt 
Allie Owl quilt
Menagerie quilt
Hazel Hedgehog quilt
The Kittens quilt
Aviatrix Medallion quilt
Swoon quilt
Spiced Chai quilt (from Vintage Quilt Revival)
Sunset Tiles quilt (from Scraps Inc.)

I'm linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

5 comments:

  1. Very cute projects! I just LOVE Tucker Prairie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, those are cute! You are brave starting off with 1 inch hexi's!! Can't wait to see that one done... Wait, are you doing a whole quilt with these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The 1" hexies didn't seem as scary as the 1/2". :) I'll probably just plan to do a mini with them, but we'll see.

      Delete
  3. Love the way you used the fabrics for that arch piece. Is that applique? It's intriguing to me...love the hexes, but haven't started on them, yet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it's the needle-turn applique technique that Carolyn Friedlander teaches. Really fun.

      Delete

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)