Friday, December 4, 2015

November do.Good Stitches blocks

I was running a bit behind last month, but as soon as we returned from our Thanksgiving travels, I managed to finish up my November bee blocks for the EMERGE circle of the do.Good Stitches charity bee.
Kelly asked us to make wonky stars using indigo-y blues for the backgrounds and neutrals/low volume for the stars. It's hard to tell in the pictures, but I actually used several white-on-white low volumes for the stars, not solids. I used this simple tutorial from Owen's Olivia, and they came together in no time. It was a really fun block, and I could definitely see knocking out some more of these in the future. And to make up for my tardiness last month, I've already finished my December blocks, too. More on those tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)