Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Rhoda Ruth mini quilt

This weekend, I added a new little mini to my wall! I previewed this project last month, and it was the first thing I finished after returning from our recent travels. The fabrics are from Elizabeth Hartman's upcoming fabric collection, Rhoda Ruth. The colors in this line are so gorgeous, and it includes so many great blenders, along with some fun characters -- cats, foxes, and giraffes.
The simple mini was made using a mini charm pack of the collection that the sweet, sweet ladies at my LQS brought back for me from Quilt Market, knowing my love for EH. The patchwork is surrounded by a border of Robert Kaufman chambray left over from my recent clothing finishes.
I machine bound it in Subway Routes in Dusk from the Gramercy collection and backed it using a fat quarter of some Flea Market Fancy that's been hanging out in my stash. Not wanting to distract from the fabrics, I quilted it in white thread in a simple crosshatch pattern.
I love how these little foxes worked out (totally unplanned):
It's already been hung in a prime spot above my sewing machine so I can drool over it until the line comes out in a few more months.

1 comment:

  1. such a lovely mini, you're right, that is a great fabric collection (apart from the cats!)

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)