Wednesday, July 22, 2015

WIP Wednesday: Back in the saddle

We recently returned from a long road trip to Texas, so I was itching to get back in front of my sewing machine and hit the ground running this week. I finished up my Rhoda Ruth mini quilt and my July bee blocks for the Emerge Circle of do.Good Stitches. You can see lots more photos and get all the info at those links.
Then, I knocked another item of my list that had probably been sitting there for over a year: a superhero cape for B. I dragged B and the hubby into a LQS this weekend while I was looking for something. When B spotted this Dr. Seuss fabric, he was instantly in love. He is obsessed with Dr. Seuss, so I said he could pick out one he wanted, and I'd make him something.
After shooting down his initial suggestion of a "candy bag, and we can put candy in it" (I realized he was talking about a bag for Halloween, and I told him he could use the Dr. Seuss bag I already made him), we settled on using it for the cape I'd already been planning to make. I told him he could be Super Seuss. :)
I used this tutorial from Thread Riding Hood for the cape, which came together quite easily, and then couldn't resist adding a superhero mask (I used this tutorial from Handmade Frenzy). He's all ready to fight rhyming criminals wherever they may be (or to watch American Ninja Warrior).
Then, I got back to working on the perfect quilted tote I'm making for an STLMQG charity project. I grabbed the lining fabric and zipper I needed this weekend, so we're on to the final stages of assembly. I'm hoping to wrap this one up quickly and perhaps finish a second one before the August deadline.
Last, I pulled a final bundle to use for my hubby's new office wall hanging. The pattern's a mystery to him, so I'll have to keep this one under wraps, but I narrowed down the colors from this pull, focusing on the greens, blues, and grays, and I've got the templates all cut and ready to go. I'm excited to get started on this one!

The neverending (and usually growing) to do list:
Perfect quilted tote (STLMQG charity project tote)
July do.Good Stitches blocks
Hubby's wall quilt
Rhoda Ruth mini quilt
Superhero cape for B
STLMQG charity project tote #2
Ring bearer pillow
Wedding quilt
Jewelry travel pouch
Patchwork City sampler quilt
Vintage Quilt Revival sampler project
Allie Owl quilt
Menagerie quilt
Hazel Hedgehog quilt
The Kittens quilt
Aviatrix Medallion quilt
Swoon quilt
Spiced Chai quilt (from Vintage Quilt Revival)
Sunset Tiles quilt (from Scraps Inc.)
T-shirt quilt
Sewing circle tote
Re-cover downstairs chair
Ironing board cover
Clothing for me! (City Gym Shorts, Washi Dress, Sailor Top Shirt, Sorbetto Top)

I'm linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

6 comments:

  1. ha ha. I know what you were doing during your road trip . . . dreaming of new projects! love the capes and your mini quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It's so true! I think my already long to do list doubled when I got back. :) Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Wow, you've been super busy! Totally love your mini quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your mini quilt. And I think B's superhero power might be cuteness. Because goodness he's a cutie in his cape and mask!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Yes, that is definitely his superpower. He uses it to defeat us all the time. :) Thanks!

      Delete
  4. You really did hit the ground running! I love all the projects you've got going!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)