Saturday, August 20, 2011

My new love

Meet my new love:
Image courtesy of the Postal News Blog

I have this love affair with stamps. It's silly, I know, but I love having a cute little picture to place on the outside of my letters, even the boring ones. I don't collect them or anything, but sometimes I'm reluctant to use the ones I love most. I almost always try to buy one of the special sheets of stamps instead of the boring old flags, and when I saw these on the "coming soon" poster at the post office months ago, I couldn't wait. They were supposed to arrive in May, and when May arrived, I asked about them every time I went in. Weeks went by, and nothing appeared.

Then, I went in last Monday to mail some packages, and voila! I saw them sitting behind the postal worker's desk. They're even more wonderful in person than they were on the poster. I bought two sheets, and I'm seriously contemplating going back for more. They're that cute.

Oh, and they're called the "Garden of Love" stamps. It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up. (Movie? Anyone? Anyone?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)