Thursday, January 24, 2013

Fox and the Houndstooth Pants

I'm so glad I finally made these pants!
I've been planning to make B some pants basically since he was born, and they just kept getting pushed to the back burner.
 
After snagging this fabulous fox fabric (Foxy Too from Monaluna's Fox Hollow collection, purchased from Pink Chalk Fabrics, though it's now sold out), which I so dearly love, I couldn't wait to put them together.
I used the Quick Change Trousers pattern from Anna Maria Horner's Handmade Beginnings. I've used the pattern twice before (for baby shower gifts here and here) with great success, and this time was no different. It's really a great pattern and set of instructions. So clear and so easy.
The coordinating fabric is a red houndstooth I found on clearance in the Christmas fabric section at Hobby Lobby. It's super soft, almost like a flannel, and was a great lining fabric to address the stiffness of the fox fabric.
 
It also led our clever friend Buddy to dub these B's "Fox and the Houndstooth" pants. Love it.
 
The pants are designed to be reversible, and I think the houndstooth side is pretty cute, too. Still, it seems like a shame to hide all those fabulous foxes.
They're bold, but that's how B. Fox rolls. Add them to the quickly growing list of fox-themed items B now has. There will never be too many as far as I'm concerned. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)