Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Parkin' it in Dallas

Okay, this is the last travel post, I promise. On New Year's Day, our last day in Dallas, we decided to check out the cool new Klyde Warren Park, which was recently built on a huge overpass across Woodall Rogers Freeway.
 
A lot of its design and features reminded me of City Garden in St. Louis and the Brochstein Pavilion at Rice University in Houston (if that means anything to you), and I hope the construction of the park over I-70 will ultimately be this cool.
The park is meant to connect downtown Dallas (specifically the Arts District) with Uptown. So far, it has a dog park; a performance stage; some trails and open garden areas; places to knit, play games, and read; and lots of food trucks, not to mention an awesome kids' area, which is where we spent the most time.
 
  
B loved this climbing rope thing, although, of course, he doesn't yet climb. He was just happy to stand there and hold it. :)
 
And, oh yeah, it was really cold.
It also had this cool wooden climbing structure, which provided some great downtown views.
In these pics, you can kind of see that it's on an overpass.
 
 
Beckett practicing his Shakespeare
 
My silly sister and brother-in-law with their silly dogs
 
 
Dallas folks, if you haven't been yet, I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)