Thursday, January 3, 2013

Here a pouch, there a pouch

Let's wrap up the last of the Christmas gifts with pouches ... lots of pouches! After I made the coin purses for my cousin's stepdaughters, I was immediately hooked on this tutorial from Me? A Mom? and couldn't stop myself from making several more.
Most of these weren't really the gifts themselves but served more as cute packaging. The first one I made was for my future sister-in-law, for whom I'd bought a couple pieces of jewelry on Etsy.
I used the same fun chevron fabric I chose for our window seat and lined it with a blue floral pattern from my stash.
I like the square riff on the standard coin purse, and I love how easy it is to adjust the size of the purse and the location of the zipper using the tutorial.
The next two were for my sister (the teal one on the right) and stepmother (the floral one).
For these, I went back to the standard rectangular shape. Just looking at their cute little selves makes me want to sit down and make 10 more right now.
Pouches in a row with their goodies
Finally, I wanted to make a little bag for our fabulous nanny, so I took the opportunity to try Noodlehead's open-wide zippered pouch tutorial, which has been on my list for a while.
The medium-size pouch is the perfect makeup bag, and I've definitely added it to my list because I am totally in need of a new makeup bag.
Our nanny is all about the neutrals, so I stuck with the great Flea Market Fancy Eyelet in gray and Metro Living Ring Toss in chocolate for the outside, but I couldn't resist introducing some blue on the inside.
The tutorial is great, as Anna's always are, and I can't wait to make it again.
Pouches are also good for holding other pouches. Maybe I'll just do that, make pouches for pouches. It's a deadly spiral, believe me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)