Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Baby gifts go prehistoric

This weekend, I finished another set of gifts for a friend's baby shower. I stuck with the same set I made from Castle Peeps: pants, a bib, and a burp cloth.
The pants are the Quick Change Trousers from Anna Maria Horner's Handmade Beginnings book. These came together even easier than the first time. It's such a great pattern!
They're completely reversible, too! The front is a dinosaur print I found at Hancock's Fabrics, and I paired it with a navy gingham. Don't you love the dinosaurs?
Then, I made a bib and burp cloth to match. I used the gingham on the front of the burp cloth, with knit jersey from a t-shirt for the backing. The measurements and the idea to use the jersey backing were taken from Made by Rae's burp cloths tutorial.
The bib was made from a pattern in Bend-the-Rules Sewing by Amy Karol, a great book for beginners. It's fronted with the dinosaur fabric and backed with terry cloth for easy clean-up. I used sew-in Velcro for the closure, with one longer piece for variable sizing.
The entire set! I can't wait to get it in the mail.

1 comment:

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)