Friday, November 29, 2013

A wintery runner

Check another item off the to-do list: I finally have a Christmas table runner!
If you've seen my past WIP Wednesday posts, you've probably noticed that this project has been on my to-do list since at least June, and there have been so many times since then that I thought I'd have a chance to knock it out and then just never did.
Most of the fabric was purchased last winter or came from my stash, but one newer addition was the mistletoe fabric, which is from the lovely Winter's Lane collection (though it's pretty hard to find now, it seems).
I paired it with some Metro Living circles in red, a candy cane fabric from my stash (I can't remember what line's it's from.), and a fabulous linen-like fabric that Jacquie Gering told us about at her workshop this summer.

Inspired by the lovely work of Jenny Bartoy, I pieced it in somewhat random wonky strips. The back is a solid piece of the linen fabric. I debated on whether to quilt it and in the end decided I liked it plain (and the hubby concurred).
Now, it's all ready for our holiday table! Maybe by next December, I'll have that Advent calendar finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)