Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thankful

I am thankful for grandparents. It's amazing what you can get done with helpful grandparents around. I mean, seriously, I should have been so much more productive before I had a kid. What was I doing with all that free time? I can do a million things now if someone's here to watch B. Matt's parents are in town for Thanksgiving, and today we accomplished a ton of Thanksgiving meal prep and almost all of our fall yard clean up (finally!).
It feels great. It's just too bad that my sewing space is also in the guest area. Just imagine the projects I could finish! Anyway, here's our menu line-up for tomorrow (with recipe links, in case you're looking for some last-minute inspiration):
Thanksgiving muffins (for breakfast)
Turkey (duh) and gravy
Sage and sausage stuffing
Cranberry sauce (plus the scary canned jelly stuff, for Matt's dad)
Sweet potato biscuits
Green bean casserole
Mashed sweet potatoes (from the biscuit leftovers)
Mashed potatoes
Maple buttermilk custard pie
Pecan pie bars (courtesy of the friends who are joining us for dessert)
Update: we also make pumpkin pie bars (so good!)
Then, on Friday, I already have plans to make some Neiman Marcus cookies for the weekend. Man, I love Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)