Wednesday, August 7, 2013

WIP Wednesday #41 (and I need your help!)

Hello again, Wednesday. I have a few things to show. Step right this way... 

Completed:
Last week, I showed you two sneak peeks of projects I was just starting that also happened to be gifts I couldn't reveal until this week. The first was a set of doll quilts for the daughters (one toddler and one on the way in September) of my friend Rachel.
You can read all about them in this post, and look for a tutorial coming soon right here!
The other secret gift was a mug rug for our nanny, who just finished her last week with us after being with us for almost a year. I wanted to give her a little something to remember us by at her new job.
You can read more about the mug rug in this post.

In progress:
Yet another secret gift: this one's another mug rug. I finished it Monday night, but I'm afraid I made a big mistake with the binding. My initial thought was that it would be fun to pull out the little bit of pink from the flowers, but now that the binding's on, I'm not sure it works very well (not to mention that I really should have made the binding a bit thinner).
So now I really need your help. What should I do? Stick with the pink or maybe one of these options?
Option 1: Navy 1

Option 2: Navy 2

Option 3: Aqua
Ugh, I'm dreading the thought of pulling out all of that binding. Thank goodness it's only a mug rug.

Other "in progress" projects on which I didn't make any progress this week (boo):
T-shirt quilt 
Quilt for the St. Louis Modern Quilt Guild's Ohio Star Challenge quilt challenge
Kitchen Window quilt

On the "to do" list: 
Re-covering the downstairs chair
New pillows for the downstairs chairs
Christmas table runner
iPod workout strap
A mug rug for me
Ironing board cover
Another divided basket from the Noodlehead pattern 
Reusable snack bags
Living room quilt
Small zipper bag for me
Baby gifts

This week, I'm linking up to WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

5 comments:

  1. i love the mug rug! for the binding options i'd go with the navy metro circles. so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are really going to pull apart the binding, to go with something else...then I would choose Option 1 or Option 3. Option 3 would blend the best, Option 1 would pop a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'd be tempted to go with one of the navy choices (I like #1 better), but splice in a snippet of the reddish-pink/orange from the flower in one spot to spice things up.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the navy binding too (no 1 is my fave). I love Lynne's idea of adding a snippet of colour.

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)