Wednesday, July 31, 2013

WIP Wednesday #40

Howdy, Wednesday. Let's do this thing. 

Completed:
This week was all about finishing one big-ish project and then lots of little things that popped up, like fixing the strap on B's diaper bag. Exciting, I know. The big project was a gift for a friend, but since I haven't given it to her yet, I can only give you a sneak peek for now. Lots more to come!
Love these colors.
I also did a little quickie project for our nanny. She had the clever idea to turn a few napkins into a cute window dressing for her kitchen window, so I sewed the rod sling for her. They turned out so cute!

In progress:
Another secret gift: I just pulled the fabrics last night, and it's on the top of my list for this week, so you'll see more of this one soon.
T-shirt quilt
I'm still pushing ahead on this one and managed to get several more shirts interfaced this week. It's a great project for when you have just a few minutes of sewing time but don't want to start something new — throw another shirt on the ironing board!
Quilt for the St. Louis Modern Quilt Guild's Ohio Star Challenge quilt challenge
This week, I finished some more crazy piecing, which I plan to incorporate into the back of the challenge quilt.
The front will be pulled from these fabrics, and I'm so ready to get started on this one. Crossing my fingers I will get to it this week.
Kitchen Window quilt
Now that B's quilt is done, I'm determined to get back to this one and finally finish it. Next step: sashing!

On the "to do" list: 
Re-covering the downstairs chair
New pillows for the downstairs chairs
Christmas table runner
iPod workout strap
A mug rug for me and one for a gift
Ironing board cover
Another divided basket from the Noodlehead pattern 
Reusable snack bags
Living room quilt
Small zipper bag for me
Baby gifts

This week, I'm linking up to WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you have so many projects going at once! But the all look great!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)