Sunday, June 23, 2013

Running the table

For several years, we've been using the same table runner in our dining room, a lovely one my friend Rachel made us as a housewarming gift when we moved to St. Louis. I've been itching to make a new one to change things up a bit, especially now that we have a much bigger table in the new house.
I decided to go with a shorter runner (instead of one that goes across the entire table) because it seems a bit more practical and less likely to get in the way. It also required a lot less fabric (we have a big table). :)
The runner is reversible, with a kind of zigzag patchwork on one side and a solid honeycomb fabric on the other.
I like how the yellow on both sides works with our mustard-colored walls. The fabrics in the patchwork are from Violet Craft's Madrona Road collection (Haystack in Slate and Broken Herringbone in Blue), and the honeycomb pattern is from Laura Gunn's Magnolia Lane collection.
I decided not to use batting on this one because I don't like when runners get too thick. I like them to be more like a giant coaster, so I just used a thin flannel on the inside, which is perfect.
It's a nice, sunny, summery addition to our table.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)