Saturday, June 22, 2013

Playing catch up

I have a hard time focusing on one project at a time, even if it's a project I'm really interested in. I started working on B's new nursery quilt, but this week, I kept taking breaks for other little projects. I think in my head, it seems like I can just knock out a few small projects and get them off my to-do list, but the problem is that then the bigger projects take forever to finish.

This week, I knocked out several small projects before my in-laws and niece arrived for a visit this weekend. With these done, I'm vowing to get back to that quilt as soon as their visit is over. Think I can do it?
The bookmark was just a fun, quick project. It was originally going to be part of a friend's gift, but I decided it didn't really work for that and kept it for myself instead. :) You can read more about the process of making these here.
The journal cover was a gift for a friend. I've been planning to make one of these using Rachel from Stitched in Color's great tutorial (in fact, I bought the composition notebook for it almost a year ago).

The cover was a bit looser than I wanted, but I couldn't quite figure out how to snug it up just right.
Still, I think it turned out pretty cute, and I love the fun colors. I hope she does, too!
 
Finally, I finished up a quick dog bed cover for our friends Chris and Stephanie. A few years back, they supplied me with this Wisconsin fabric to make them a set of corn hole bags and a drawstring bag to carry them. I ended up with a lot of fabric left over, and a few weeks ago, they asked if I would use it to make a dog bed for their black lab, Burg.
Even though there was a good amount of fabric left, it wasn't in very big chunks, so I had to do a bit of a patchwork design, which I think worked out okay. The front, at least, is pretty simple, so I imagine they'll mostly use that on top.
Based on the pic they sent me, Burg seems to like it just fine. (Also, side note, big, thick "sports" zippers are really hard to work with. Just saying.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)