Tuesday, May 31, 2016

May is for Makers: Weeks 3-5

Man, I am so behind on blog posts. There has been so much sewing going on over here, which I guess hasn't left much time for blogging, but I promise to have some updates soon. In the mean time, I wanted to pop in on this last day of May for a quick update on my purchases for Weeks 3-5 of May is for Makers (see the weeks 1-2 post here). Back in April, Lindsey Rhodes of LR Stitched put out a call to fellow makers to support and celebrate other makers through a campaign she called May is for Makers. The idea was to purchase a pattern from an indie designer each week in May to remind us how important it is to support one another and our creative work, as well as to show respect for the work of others, recognizing its value through our dollars.

I have really been getting into doing more garment sewing for myself lately, and my last few purchases reflect that. For the final weeks of the campaign, I picked up Made by Rae's Ruby Dress and Top pattern, the Scout Tee by Grainline Studio, and Sew Caroline's brand new Parkside Shorts and Skirt pattern. I'm so excited to put together some fun new summer clothes.
Photo courtesy of Made by Rae
Photo courtesy of Grainline Studio
Photo courtesy of Sew Caroline

I also picked up a bonus quilt pattern that I've been wanting for awhile, the Tessellation Quilt by Alison Glass and Nydia Kehnle. I have big plans for this that might include a certain new color card I acquired recently.
I hope you all were able to join in the campaign and help show some love to our fellow makers. You can find others' picks and get lots of inspiration at the #mayisformakers hashtag on IG. Happy sewing!
http://lrstitched.com/2016/04/26/may-is-for-makers/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)