Wednesday, June 22, 2016

June do.Good Stitches blocks

Whew, where did May and June go?! I have so much to catch up on, so let's start with something small -- my June blocks for the do.Good Stitches Emerge Circle. Allison asked for two Autumn Chain blocks (using the tutorial on Sew Mama Sew by Alyce of Blossom Heart Quilts). She wanted one in pink and one in orange ("summery sherbet colors" in her words) with white or low volume for the background.
The block, composed of HSTs, flying geese, and squares, went together pretty quickly. There are a lot of pieces, but nothing difficult. The funnest part was choosing the fabrics.
 
I'm excited to see this quilt come together. I love the colors, and I think the final quilt is going to create a really fun secondary design. Now, what am I going to do for July? ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)