Monday, May 9, 2016

May do.Good Stitches blocks

Trying to stay on top of my duties, I knocked out my May blocks for the do.Good Stitches Emerge Circle. Amanda asked for two blocks from Lee Heinrich’s Chandelier Quilt, which she made for the Bernina blog. Here is a link for the directions.
You can find the block instructions in this post. We just made the "starter" blocks (steps 2-14), so I'm interested to see how Amanda's going to put them all together. She requested we use Kona Glacier for the background (where the tutorial uses solid white). For the rest of the block, she asked us to use one bright yellow fabric and one bright green fabric. I went with a bright yellow dot and a lime green crosshatch left over from making this basket forever ago.

It should definitely be a sunny, summery quilt!

2 comments:

  1. Jessica, your machine quilting is so beautiful. What kind of a sewing machine do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have a Janome Skyline and love it!

      Delete

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)