Sunday, May 15, 2016

Ebb coasters

After I finished my Ebb pillows last month, I knew I couldn't leave my old living room coasters alone. They just weren't happy enough to go with the fun new pillows. So I grabbed the same stack of fabrics again and got to work!
These are just as cheerful and happy as their matching pillows, and I smile every time I see them on the coffee table. My four year old also said he loved them, which is high praise indeed.
I love to make coasters because they're so quick and easy to make, and they're a fast way to add some color to a room. For these, I cut one rectangle of each fabric measuring 6" x 5.5". I then cut off a 2" piece from the 6" length and paired these pieces with the leftover bigger pieces of another color. I pieced them, matched the resulting squares up with their opposite square, and finished the coaster assembly. I can't decide which side I like more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)