Thursday, November 12, 2015

WIP Thursday (a bit late)

I'm a bit late on this week's update, but that's how things go sometimes. My little guy turned four today, so it's been a busy week. But that's not to say I haven't gotten a ton of sewing done (mostly due to some very late nights, as you might have noticed from some of my IG posts this week). I bounced back and forth between the Convergence and Fading Star quilts all week. After asking for a lot of opinions, I decided to leave just the diagonal quilting (instead of making it a crosshatch), and now it's trimmed and ready for this super fun ombre binding.
Most of my time was spent on the Fading Star quilt, and I'm thrilled with how it came together. I finished the rest of the blocks, pieced the top and backing, and just last night, got it all basted, so bring on the quilting! This quilt required so much checking and checking to make sure everything matched up, so there was a whole lot of this
and this
to get to this
 
and this.
I have never wished for a design wall more. But now it's all done, and I'm so excited to see this one finished and do the big reveal!

The neverending to do list:
Convergence quilt
Fading Star quilt
September Emerge Circle quilt
November Emerge Circle blocks
Catenary mini quilt
Jewelry travel pouch
Patchwork City sampler quilt 
Allie Owl quilt
Menagerie quilt
Hazel Hedgehog quilt
The Kittens quilt
Aviatrix Medallion quilt
Swoon quilt
Spiced Chai quilt (from Vintage Quilt Revival)
Sunset Tiles quilt (from Scraps Inc.)

I'm linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

2 comments:

  1. Wow that fading star quilt is awesome! Such a cool idea and I love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt! I'm looking forward to seeing how you quilt it!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)