Monday, January 12, 2015

Sewing and stashing

Gift sewing makes for bad blogging, and I do a lot of gift sewing, even right after Christmas! Here's a little peek of what I've been working on, which I'm hoping to finish up this week. Lots of little pluses in a very different color palette for me. I was hesitant about it at first, but now I kinda love it.
After I finish up this little quilt, I'm planning to work on a few items to take with me to QuiltCon (only a month away -- WHAT?!?!?!), so hopefully the sewing posts will be a little more frequent and filled with more reveals. But for now, I'll show off some of my Christmas goodies.
I commented a while back about how I don't have very many quilting/sewing books, which apparently was my cue to suddenly get a whole lot more. In addition to Patchwork City and Scraps, Inc., which I bought back in November, I added the four above to my stash last month. Simply Retro and The Magic Pattern were Christmas presents. I won Shape 2 Shape through a blog link-up contest, and I won Tula Pink's book through the Christmas raffle the STLMQG does each year. I can't wait to crack into all of these!
For Christmas, the adults in my family do a Secret Santa, and my little brother drew my name this year. Luckily, he's a great gift giver, and in addition to a ton of sewing notions I'd asked for, he also scooped up the fabrics above. The teal with white heart arrows on the left is an older Cloud 9 fabric (still available here) that I tracked down after seeing it pop up in a few projects on Instagram, and the rest of the fabrics are the teal/blue Sun Print bundle from Alison Glass's shop. I also got gift cards to Etsy and Hawthorne Threads that I'm itching to use.
Finally, after the STLMQG meeting this weekend, I picked up a few more goodies from my wonderful LQS. I had to pick up some Doe, of course (and I suspect I'll be back for plenty more), and I couldn't resist some of the Prisma Elements, the gingham from Wild and Free, and those cute clouds and arrows from Moda's Airmail collection.

Time to finish that quilt and start cutting into these!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)