Wednesday, September 25, 2013

WIP Wednesday #46

Hiya, Wednesday. It's been a while, hasn't it? I've been traveling and working and caring for a little man who just hasn't been feeling like himself lately, so there hasn't been much going on in the sewing department, which is really too bad because I'm itching to get started on several fun projects. This week's post is truly about WIPs.

Completed:
Not a darn thing

In progress:
Lots! What happens to sewers when they don't have time to sew? They buy fabric, of course. I've been on a self-imposed fabric diet the past few months and have really been trying to sew from my stash, but these two projects really required something new, so I had to oblige.
The first is a wall hanging that my husband requested for his office. He liked the Ohio Log Cabin Quilt so much that he asked me to make something for him, too, so we headed to my LQS last week, and he picked out several pieces from the Comma collection.
Of course, after buying them, we decided to use a different quilt pattern (this Disappearing 9-Patch on Craftsy), which required more fabric than the original plan, so I'm going to have to make a return trip soon to pick up a bit more, plus some coordinating solids. Oh, darn.
The other project is a secret quilt for which I purchased this beautimous Waterfront Park bundle from Llama Fabrics.  (Side note: This was the first time I'd purchased something from them, and I was very impressed. The shipping was crazy fast, and their prices are extremely competitive.)
It's a good thing I already have something in mind for this one, because otherwise, it would have been hard to get me to cut into this lovely stack.
As it is, I will be cutting very carefully and saving every little scrap for myself. :) And for now, it's making me happy just sitting next to me in my office.
After much debating, I think I've settled on the Mod Circuitry Quilt from Don't Call Me Betsy. I think the squares will highlight all of the Waterfront Park fabrics nicely. I'm leaning toward using a light gray solid for the background.
The last project on the list is to finally get started on my Go Anywhere bag. I was hoping to knock this out before my recent travels, but that just wasn't in the cards.
I originally picked out this stack for the bag, but I'm wavering on the gingham and think I might have to pick up something new on my trip back to the LQS. Perhaps this floral from the Simply Color collection (love that collection). What do you think?
And, of course, somewhere in sewing land, I'm still working on my T-shirt quilt and Kitchen Window quilt. Sigh.

On the "to do" list: 
Pillows for the STLMQG Pillow Bomb Project
Re-covering the downstairs chair
New pillows for the downstairs chairs
Christmas table runner
iPod workout strap
A mug rug for me
Ironing board cover
Another divided basket from the Noodlehead pattern 
Reusable snack bags
Living room quilt
Small zipper bag for me

This week, I'm linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

2 comments:

  1. I'm in love with Waterfront park... I need it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As for fabric diets....tell me about it! However, Waterfront Park is amazing and I have felt compelled to buy it since first laying eyes on it. I kind of feel like a fabric collector at times, feeling like I just need to get them all. Can't wait to see what you cook up!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)