Tuesday, September 10, 2013

What, more grandparents?!?

We've been in the midst of a string of family visits (which we love!), and last weekend, we enjoyed a visit from my mom, step-dad, and little sister. It was the first time my sister had been to visit since we bought our new house, so that was fun.
We've been having this crazy late August/early September heat wave (I can't complain too much because we had a delightfully mild summer on the whole, but it's supposed to start feeling like autumn now!), so we spent much of the time inside just hanging out.
And we ate. Oh, man, did we eat.
We also did a little shopping, game playing, tennis watching, and breeze shooting. It was a delightfully chill weekend.
I snapped this shot of Beckett doing "hoop-dee-do," and I love the look of pure joy on his face. Does life get any better for a toddler? (I also love the look on the photo bomber's face.)
On Saturday night, we treated my little sister to a fun dinner out on the town while the grandparents watched B.
We capped off the weekend with a trip to our new favorite park (fully shaded, yahoo!), where Beckett gave us all some lessons on sliding, swinging, and climbing.

Working on our sign language for "deer"

It was a great weekend, and we can't wait for them to come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)