Friday, October 26, 2012

Sewing for me

I follow a lot of sewing blogs, and it's not unusual for a blogger to get "stuck" on a pattern they love -- from Wiksten Tova shirts to Washi dresses to quilt blocks. Now, I'm guilty of it, too. I love, love, love Noodlehead's 241 Tote pattern, and I just finished my third in about as many weeks.
Finally, after making one for a friend and one for my sister, this one's for me!
I wasn't sewing when Flea Market Fancy caused such a stir the first time around, so it was a bit of a mystery to me why everyone seemed so enamored with the line and had been hoarding it for years. But when it was re-released recently, I finally saw the appeal and knew I had to snag some for myself.
 
I've been planning to use these in a bag for awhile, and the 241 Tote turned out to be the perfect project. The main exterior fabric, strap, and inside pocket are Bouquet in Turquoise. The outside pockets and lining are Leaf & Dot in Gray, and the lining of the pockets are a linen from my stash.
I love how pretty and feminine the bag is, and the soft colors are a perfect taste of spring as the cold sets in around here.
While I love making things for others, it's always nice to make a little time for making something for me, too. This one was worth the wait.
Okay, I think I'm done with this pattern for a little while (unless I get some requests, of course), but it'll definitely stay in my "go to" pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)