Thursday, October 18, 2012

Bag it

So I am loving the 241 Tote from Anna Graham of the Noodlehead blog. After making one a few weeks ago for a friend's birthday, I couldn't wait to start on another. Luckily, I had a good excuse — my sister's birthday.
Presenting the 241 Tote, take 2!
I love this bag so much that I really hated to mail it off. Of course, I hope my sister loves it, too, but still. Maybe I can eek out enough of the typewriter fabric to make a matching one for me. :)
If you follow sewing blogs, you must recognize the fabulous typewriter fabric from Melody Miller, which I finally tracked down at Quilt Essentials on etsy.
I love this fabric, but I really wanted it for my sister because it reminded me of her wedding. She and my brother-in-law set up the "altar" area as a kind of living room space (it was great, trust me), which included a table with a vintage typewriter on it. The paper had a message about love typed on it.
When I saw the Melody Miller typewriters, I knew I had to use them in a project for her. I combined them with the fabulous tote pattern and ran with it:
The inside and pockets are lined with a Riley Blake large chevron in navy, and I used Kona Everglade for the exterior and interior pockets and the strap (both purchased from Fabric Nosherie, my fabulous LQS).
I think the navy and teal really highlight the typewriter fabric without stealing the spotlight because I wanted to make sure the typewriters remained the star.
 
See? Doesn't it look good on me? I really have to make one of these for myself. It's the perfect size, and oh, how I love those pockets!
 
To finish up the package, I made a coordinating card from a scrap.
Happy birthday, Ness! I hope you love the bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)