Monday, December 19, 2011

Some Christmas sewing

It's been far too long. I haven't sewn one stitch since before Beckett was born, which was more than five weeks ago, so it felt really great to get back in front of my machine yesterday. While Matt watched football and took an afternoon nap with Beckett, I managed to finish at least one Christmas sewing project (oh, how many more I had on my wish list!), and Beckett now has his very own stocking.
I used this great tutorial from Fabricworm, and I think it turned out pretty cute. I used felt for the body and lining of the stocking, as well as the "B" applique. The cuff was made from a fat quarter I've had almost since I started sewing, and I don't know what line it's from.
I knew when I started that this was likely going to be a "temporary" stocking, basically something to get us through this year. Matt and I have generic stockings we bought at Target or Hobby Lobby before I started sewing, so my plan for next year is to make us all coordinating stockings, but that just wasn't in the cards for the weeks following Beckett's birth. Besides, I'm pretty sure he won't know the difference. Still, I'm glad to have a little something handmade to celebrate his first Christmas. Merry Christmas, little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)