Sunday, October 23, 2011

A basket for Biscuit

This weekend was all about finishing up the sewing for Biscuit's nursery. His due date is Nov. 11, but our doctor's pretty sure he's not going to make it that long, so I've definitely been wanting to finish and make sure everything's ready.

It started with fixing this basket we bought to hold supplies on the changing table.
We liked the look of the basket (which we got at Target), and the lining was nice enough, but it didn't match the any of the colors in the nursery, so I wanted to switch it out. I decided to use some of the solids I'd bought to coordinate with the Marine fabrics that fill most of the nursery.
It came together really easily. I measured the basket and cut a teal piece for the long ends, which continues across the bottom. Then, there's a yellow piece on each end. It's all sewn up with a 1/4" seam allowance, and then I hemmed the edge for a clean finish.
Changing table goodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)