Friday, September 2, 2011

Building the rainbow

A few people have asked about the colors I used for the solids in Biscuit's Hide and Seek Spectrum Quilt, so I thought a quick post might be in order for anyone looking to replicate it. All of the solids are Kona cottons, purchased from Sew Fresh Fabrics. The ladies there were super helpful in suggesting the perfect bundle.

So, here's what I used (the darker color is listed first for each):
Red: Wine, Cardinal
Orange: Tangerine, School Bus
Yellow: Ochre, Banana
Green: Basil, Grass
Teal: Cyan, Robin Egg
Blue: Marine, Blue Jay
Purple: Mulberry, Lupine
Pink: Bright Pink, Peony
Black: Black, Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)