Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My husband, the marathoner

This past Sunday, Matt ran his very first marathon, right here in St. Louis. It turned out to be a hot and humid day that made a very hard task even harder, but he finished in a great time and is already thinking about the next one. I was so happy to stand by and cheer him and several friends on. Congrats, love!
 The big start: 7 a.m.
Runners passing the 6-mile mark. When Matt passed, I was too busy holding up his sign to get a pic.
Our friend Stephanie finishing the half marathon. Another friend, Jennifer, also finished the half, and our friend Chris completed the full marathon along with Matt.
 Matt's almost there!
 The big finish!
 A proud moment.
 Fancy medal.
This is the sign I made for him. Helpful hint if you're in a similar situation: make a black sign. It completely stood out, and Matt had no trouble seeing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)