Monday, February 27, 2017

I'm a sewing ambassador!

Early last fall, I was approached by Havel's Sewing to see if I would be interested in joining their team as a brand sewing ambassador. I was honest when I told them I'd never used their products but would be happy to give them a try and see what I thought, so they sent along a few items I requested, and boy did they win me over immediately.
I've been using my new rotary cutter, seam ripper, cutting mat, and scissors (pictured: 3.5" Double Curved Embroidery Scissors, 8" Quilting/Sewing Fabric Scissors, and 5.5" Multi-Angled Duckbill Scissors) nonstop since then, and I'm so impressed with their quality (not to mention the cute colors).
The rotary cutter is the most comfortable one I've used (and I've tried several Olfa and Fiskars models), the design of the seam ripper is genius, the shears are the sharpest I've found (plus they have a comfortable handle and that great safety cover for the tip), and the cutting mat -- oh man, let me tell you about the cutting mat.
We recently reorganized our basement to give me a larger sewing space with room for a giant cutting and sewing table, in part because I really wanted a giant cutting mat. This baby joined the party as soon as the table was finished, and it's made such a difference.
I love its large size, tons of markings, and the fact that the measurements are marked on all four sides (ostensibly to make cutting easier for both lefties and righties, but it also means I can move around the mat as I'm cutting or measuring and always have markings to guide me, no matter which side I'm on). Oh, and it's reversible. And pink. What's not to love?
I'm actually taking over the Havel's Instagram feed this week, so follow along to see what else I'm working on and a little more about my favorite products. And if you're interested to try some out for yourself, you can use the code "blueskycrafter7" for $7 off purchases of $25 or more on the Havel's website. The code is good for the entire year, so feel free to use it again and again. Happy shopping!

1 comment:

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)