Saturday, February 4, 2017

Pixie baskets

When I started debating what to make for B's teachers for Christmas, my mind wandered back to the Pixie Basket tutorial from Fabric Mutt, which I'd pinned and then longed to make ever since. So I sorted through my scrap basket and got to work ... on eight of them.
Thankfully, these go together pretty quickly, and I simplified a few of them by not including the contrasting band at the top. His teachers wound up with three apple-themed baskets, which I filled with chocolate truffles.
After making those, I decided the baskets would be handy for all sort of things, so I made three more for our guild's annual Christmas raffle. I filled them with mini charm packs and a few fat eighths.
And, of course, I couldn't not make one for myself. Mine now holds all of my wonder clips and is so handy. Finally, I made one for B to hold some treasures. This Ann Kelle sheep fabric reminded me of one of B's favorite cartoons, Shaun the Sheep, so I couldn't resist.
I highly recommend the tutorial, which, like all of Heidi's works, is so well written. These cuties are great for all kinds of things, and I suspect I'll have more making in my future.

1 comment:

  1. I love them! Especially the one with the rabbit... that's such a great idea for a present as you could put anything in them

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)