Thursday, July 7, 2016

Garment sewing: Esme tank #2

I spent much of May and June doing some selfish sewing and working on some new garments for yours truly, so I guess it's about time I started showing them off here. Up first is another Esme tank.
The pattern is the Esme tunic from Lotta Jansdotter's wonderful new book, Everyday Style. I made the same modifications as my last Esme tank, which is to say I made it sleeveless and finished the armholes with a bias-tape facing, stolen from the Washi Dress pattern.
The fabric is Robert Kaufman's 1" Carolina Gingham in Kelly Green, and I lurrrrve it. I'm obsessed with ginghams right now, and this scale is perfect. Plus, that green! So fresh and happy.
This fun top has already seen a ton of wear this summer and shows no signs of slowing down. Esmes forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)