Monday, November 10, 2014

Cut Glass baby quilt: A finish!

This post has been weeks coming, but I'm finally getting around to showing off my latest finish!
The pattern is the Cut Glass Baby Quilt from Vintage Quilt Revival, and I'm loving it. It was one of the first projects in the book to really catch my eye, and I couldn't wait for an excuse to make it. Thankfully, a friend with an upcoming baby girl was happy to oblige.
This is my first paper-pieced quilt, and I'm pretty darn pleased with how it turned out. There are definitely some points that don't match up, but most of them are really close. I definitely appreciate the precision that comes with paper piecing.

The colors in this quilt proved to be really hard to photograph. I've corrected the colors in these photos to try to make them as accurate as possible, but they're still not quite there. The pink (Kona Watermelon) is a really lovely bright pink, and it was the hardest part to capture. It's paired with Kona Snow and Moda Bella Silver, Marine, and Prussian Blue. The orange print on the front is the crosshatch from Madrona Road.
 
For the back, I combined a little of the leftover Kona Watermelon with Cotton and Steel XOXO in Pink Cheeks, Half Moon Modern Big Dot in Steel, and Dear Stella Confetti Dots in Cantaloupe. I bound it in the Moda Bella Silver.
For the quilting, I chose a white thread and outlined each of the shapes, so on the back you see an array of squares, diamonds, and stars. I bound it by machine as usual.


I dropped it in the mail today, so hopefully its new owner will be enjoying it very, very soon!

I'm linking up to the Craft Book Sew-Along at Live.Love.Create.
Craft Book Sew Along at Live. Love. Create.

1 comment:

  1. it looks lovely! I love that you've changed the colours for one block in the middle and added a splash of a print, it works really well.

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)