Friday, November 14, 2014

B's Into the Woods birthday

We hosted B's 3rd birthday party last weekend, and because he's our little fox, we (read: I) chose an "Into the Woods" theme. You can check out my Pinterest board for the party over here if you're looking for more ideas, but here's how it all shook out:
For the menu, we made pumpkin cupcakes with salted caramel frosting, "acorns" made from Hersey's kisses and Nutter Butters, pretzel "twigs," s'mores pudding cups (chocolate pudding topped with marshmallow fluff and graham cracker bits), "forest rabbits" (aka, graham bunnies), mini campfire hot dogs, and apple cider.
I realized after taking some shots of the decorations and food that I kind of forgot about my camera until it was time to sing "Happy Birthday!" and blow out the candles. Mom fail. Rest assured there was plenty of fun, children wearing masks and eating too many sweets, and general merriment. Then, came the cake.
That birthday-boy smile makes my day. Party success!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)