Monday, October 14, 2013

Weekend pretties

See, the problem with breaking a fabric diet is once you do it, it's so hard to stop buying more. I've been trying really hard to work from my stash lately, but I recently had to buy some fabric for a few specific gift projects I'm working on. Then, Sew Fresh Fabrics went and had a ridiculous sale, and it would have been a crime not to take advantage.
Pretties! I'm trying to build up some good basics in my stash, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity. And if this buy is any indication, apparently I'm really short on pinks and oranges. Hmmm.
I cannot resist those Metro Circles, and I adore the star pods print from the Les Amis collection (see below in teal and above in coral).
I bought the teal argyle with more baby ties in mind, but I'm wishing I'd bought more than a half yard because I loved it even more once it arrived. And the brick fabric is no doubt destined to make an awesome quilt binding some day.
And look! Significant progress was made on Matt's wall hanging. This is the final layout, and since I took these pics, I've actually sewn the bottom row together.
He snuck a peek downstairs and said he loved how it was coming along, so that's all I need to hear. Here's hoping I can knock this one out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)