Wednesday, September 26, 2012

WIP Wednesday #28

Happy Wednesday! As I mentioned yesterday, I've been staying up late to fit in more sewing time lately, but despite all that, my list still seems to be growing. (Maybe that's because I keep working on projects that weren't on the list to begin with. Hmmm.) Alas, here's this week's check in. (In case you're new around here, I'm following along with Freshly Pieced's W.I.P. (Work In Progress) Wednesday series as a good way for me (and you) to keep track of what's going on around here.)

Completed this week:
Lots! First, a travel place mat and baby shakers for B
Lunch bag for Matt

Started this week:
I started on a birthday present for a friend, but I can't reveal it until I give it to her. Here's a sneak peek.
I also finally got started on my Christmas projects — the tree skirt and stockings are well underway, and I'm loving the way they're turning out. I've cut the fabric for the stockings (I'm using this tutorial again) and pieced the top of the tree skirt (from this tutorial), so hopefully I can wrap these up soon.
Sorry for the picture quality in this section. I waited until this morning to take them, and we've had storms all morning. The stocking pictures are a bit better and give you a better sense of the colors of the skirt (the fabrics are the same).

On the "to do" list:
Early Bird/Kitchen Window quilt
Birthday and Christmas presents TBD
Coasters for the living room
Wall organizer for the office
New pillows for downstairs bed
Coin purse for the car
A few items to spruce up our new stroller
A sheet for Beckett's pea pod mattress 
A new bag and mug rug for me
T-shirt quilt 
Pants and winter hat for B
Cover for our window seat bench

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week. And be sure to click on the button to check out other great WIPs for more inspiration!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)