Monday, January 2, 2012

Present from me to me

Look at this pile of loveliness! It's been quite a while since I last bought some fabric, so when Hawthorne Threads recently restocked some Ann Kelle fabrics I've been drooling over for forever, I had to pounce.
I simply adore the owls, birds, and dinosaurs from her Urban Zoologie collections (Owls in Bermuda and Blue, Birds in Bermuda, and Dinosaurs in Navy).
Then, I picked up some dots, stripes, and argyle from her Remix collection to coordinate with them (Line Dots in Bermuda, Stripe in Royal, and Argyle in Lime).
But I couldn't stop there. David Walker's new collection Get Together has some super cute animal prints that I couldn't resist (Flock of Birds in Navy and Squirrels and Trees in Navy).
I also added this fun print (Posh in Bright) from Patricia Bravo's Modernology collection, which I spotlighted for the lining of a bag I'm working on.
Finally, I couldn't resist a few prints from Doohikey Designs' Fox Trails collection (Circles in Blue, Friends in Blue, and Stars in Brown), which were not only on sale but also featured some super cute fox characters, which I plan to applique onto some onesies for Beckett (his middle name is Fox).
Hello, Mr. Fox.
Now, I just have to find some time to start working on projects. First on my list: the appliqued onesies and some quick-change trousers for the little man.

2 comments:

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)