Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to me! I know, that may seem a bit selfish, but I'm going to indulge myself because it is my first one. That's right, Matt and I are expecting are first, due 11/11/11. Pretty crazy, huh? So now you understand the tiredness, sickness, and general lack of sewing over the past few weeks. Thankfully, things seem to be getting better, and I'm excited about several sewing projects looming on the horizon.
In fact, to celebrate the day, I indulged in a little purchase from Hawthorne Threads.
I finally bought some Castle Peeps (I know, I'm so far behind. Have you seen the previews of her upcoming 1001 Peeps collection? So cute!), which I'm going to be using for a friend's baby shower gift. The Modern Meadow print (Nap Sack in Grass) in the middle is just because I can't resist that line (and, obviously, having the same fabric in navy and fuchsia wasn't sufficient for my stash).
These were for me. Well, they'll probably wind up in baby stuff, but for my baby. :) They're from the new Timeless Treasures Fruit Punch collection, and I adore that apple and pear print. The dots are great colors, too, and the crosshatch solids match with so many things.
Sadly, when I placed the order, HT was out of the small apples and pears print, but it's back in stock now, so I guess I'll just have to order some more...

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there, especially my own wonderful mother, step-mother, and mother-in law.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)