Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Another round of baby gifts

I'm nearing the end of the baby gifts I need to make for friends, and this time I was excited to try something new. For the first time in this batch of friends, I made something for a friend who doesn't know what she's having, so I decided pants weren't in order (not that girls can't wear pants, of course, but it just didn't seem as cute).

Instead, I tried out some new tutorials I'd been eyeing. The first is my favorite. It's the Bapron from Craftiness Is Not Optional. I found Jess's blog only recently, and boy was I excited when I did. She has a ton of tutorials, and I thought the Bapron was too cute (and functional!) to pass up.
It's basically a long bib with arm holes, a cross between a bib and an apron (hence "bapron"). It came together really easily, and Jess's instructions are so clear. The bird fabric is one I snagged at a recent sale at Joann's, and the back is white flannel. The straps are store-bought bias tape (one of these days I'm actually going to make my own, dang it, but today was not that day).
To go along with it, I made a basic baby blanket using the same bird fabric and a coordinating plaid, also from Joann's. I used this tutorial from Prudent Baby, but I decided not to round the corners. The back is the same white flannel as the bapron. (I know, white may not be the most practical color, but it looked so cute.)
And here's the set, all ready to ship!

2 comments:

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)