Thursday, July 14, 2011

A bed for biscuit

It's been a good week for our little biscuit because he's finally getting his room started. Our crib arrived today(!), and though we won't be putting it together for a while longer, I plan on starting on the bedding soon because we also got our fabric this week!
We debated on the fabric for a long time. We were originally going for a teal, lime green, and gray color scheme, but then a print we bought from our friend Susanne convinced us to go in the orange direction. When I found the Marine collection by Dan Stiles, I fell in love.
We wanted something modern but still cute, and this fit the bill perfectly. I'm planning on making several crib sheets, a dust ruffle for the crib, some wall art, and the crib mobile. I decided not to make a crib bumper (as much as I'd love the extra color and fabric!) because they're just not considered safe anymore, and this fabric was too expensive to buy two yards for something that's only decorative and used for a few months. I'm hoping the dust ruffle will add the needed punch of color.
(clockwise in the top picture) We're using Marine Birds, Urchin Forest in Daylight, Whale Love, Marine Life, and Organic Sunset (all fabrics from the Dan Stiles organic Marine collection for Birch Fabrics, purchased from Fabricworm.com).

2 comments:

  1. Great fabric! Blue and orange is my favorite color combo. I can't wait to see room pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice fabrics!! I am sure the room will be great. hope to see pics of the room together.

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)