Monday, January 17, 2011

Freezer paper stenciling

I have a new favorite technique. Ever since I first heard of freezer paper, I've been wanting to try this stenciling technique, but I needed an excuse. It wasn't long before I had two.

Remember Hooty, the owl softie I made for Christmas gifts? Well, as I mentioned back then, Matt fell in love with the little guy and asked me to make a gray and blue Rice owl for his office. The owl's still in the works, but I decided I wanted to spruce him up a bit by adding the signature Rice "R" to his tummy. And it turned out great:
The other project is a tip jar cozy for my sister's new coffee shop, Stir Coffee in Dallas. I used the freezer paper to add the logo to one panel of the cozy:

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how these projects come together, and I can't wait to bust out the freezer paper again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)