Monday, March 20, 2017

Slow sewing: Botanics

I love having a hand sewing project going, so as soon as I finish one, I'm always on the hunt for the next one. My Collection quilt is all done (well, at least the applique part is; now I have to actually put it together), so it was time for another. And I didn't stray far from the source, though I did go a bit old school. Here comes Botanics:
Botanics was Carolyn Friedlander's second fabric collection, and this was the main applique pattern that went with it. When her latest collection, Friedlander, came into the store in January, I knew I had to start working with it immediately, so this pile was born.
It's mostly Friedlander with a little Cotton + Steel, Pond by Elizabeth Hartman, and Essex yarn-dyed linen throw in, as well as some prints from older collections by Carolyn. It makes for such a soothing, springy palette. 
I've been chipping away at it here and there for the past month and just loving how it's coming along. I'm cutting fabrics as I go, waiting to see what will work best when I get to each section. So far, so good!

3 comments:

  1. Love this color palette. Looking forward to seeing what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful fabrics and your work is exquisite. Such tiny stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, very detailed and spot-on stitches! I love the colors, they are very soothing. My favorite are the sea green shades. :)

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)