Monday, February 8, 2016

A bee bag

Just a quick little Monday post to show off this cute drawstring bag I made for our niece's birthday last week. She's very into Minecraft (like every other kid her age), and I thought a little bag might be handy for carrying around the figures she collects.
I used Jeni's great lined drawstring bag tutorial in the original size. It's really well done and went together in no time. It probably took almost as long for me to choose the fabrics.
Our niece isn't super girly, so I didn't want to use pink or purple, and when I came across these bees in my stash, I couldn't resist. (The bee fabric was left over from B's Hide and Seek quilt, my very first quilt! It's so funny to read back through that post.) I paired them with a teal Alison Glass bike path print on the front and a colorful print I can't identify for the lining, which pulled all of the colors together.
This makes me want to make a million drawstring bags for all of B's little "treasures."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? I'd love to hear it! Thanks for commenting. (All comments are moderated, so it may take a little while for yours to appear. Just hit "Publish," and I'll take care of the rest.)